June 28, 2009

Thanks Teacher Card

Wow, where does the time go? It doesn't seem that I've neglected posting any artwork on this blog for as long as it has been. We've had a hectic month or so with lots of birthday parties, end of school field trips and parties and sports games so there hasn't been much time for crafting - besides when the nice summer weather finally arrives here in southern Ontario, we take advantage by getting outside and enjoying the sunshine!


Here is a thank you card I pulled together for Aidan's JK teacher. She is leaving the school to go teach at a French Immersion school next year and we will miss her - she was a great teacher this year and Aidan REALLY enjoyed his first year at "big boy" school because of her! I remember seeing a card on Laurel's blog a while ago and this card was inspired by her artwork. I tried to look for her card on her blog again and couldn't locate the card, but it had a similar apple on the front and similar colours, although I don't think she used the same paper pack... her artwork is amazing and I always find inspriation looking at her blog!


I used CTMH's Animal Cookies My Reflections Kit papers, Library Cards, Spot On Background and Thank You Stamp Sets and the card design was taken by Jeanette Lynton's new Wishes Card Confidence Book. I hand cut out the Apple, leaf and stem and used some Tulip Brads. The apple is popped up with 3-D foam squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment